WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

15 hours ago, Wyell said:

Hey guys!

The wonderful @Yuzu_legend recommended I check out this thread as I'm currently helping out with designing materials to bring to Torino.

I had an idea that I thought might fit this project:

dHQwjrb.jpg

I thought it would be cool (and sends a nice message) if different flags come together and form a circle in the middle, with Yuzu as the hero image – doubling as the flag of Japan.

Please keep in mind that it's only a (really really) rough draft and I didn't have time to search for an Otonal 2.0 picture of the same pose. The flags here are also obviously placeholders (I cannot begin to tell you which is what) and the size is not final (depending on how many to include).

For me it's more symbolic than anything to show that Yuzu has fans from around the world so the (fan) flags don't have to be super visible. I also understand that some people have reservations about certain flags but at this size, I don't think it will be an issue. People can sign on it too, of course!

As I am quite late to the party I'm wary of swooping in and hijacking the process... so if there is interest, I will continue working on this. Otherwise, carry on the great work!! 

:clapclap4:

F, I really love this :sadPooh: 

tbh we don't have to represent everyone, personally I'd take the risk and go ahead, or we can add this to the design bank that people can print on their own. 

or a map location + pin thing? Is it possible to merge this with that? I really love your designs :sadPooh:

14 minutes ago, Salior said:

tbh we don't have to represent everyone, personally I'd take the risk and go ahead, or we can add this to the design bank that people can print on their own. 

or a map location + pin thing? Is it possible to merge this with that? I really love your designs :sadPooh:

Hm, personally I'd be uncomfortable with a PH project that can't represent everyone who wants to be represented :( its just unfair to the people who are excluded. But anyone can print their own personal banners of course :)

25 minutes ago, Salior said:

Thank you!! :loveshower:

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hm, personally I'd be uncomfortable with a PH project that can't represent everyone who wants to be represented :( its just unfair to the people who are excluded. But anyone can print their own personal banners of course :)

I agree with this tbh, it's meant to be a community project after all.

If people are interested in having the first design for their personal use, I'd be happy to provide it! But if we are proceeding with this particular design with this particular project, I'd opt for the 'safer' text version. 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I guess I'm too used to Singapore not even existing on the map haha, but I can understand. If we're going for one banner then it should include everyone yea

@Wyell I absolutely LOVE your design

To be completely honest the one with flags would be my 1st choice because..more colorful LOL but I am perfectly fine with going with the more "neutral" design with names instead.

But really, it's awesome. I also love the detail of the tiny :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: in the centre awwwww

And Otonal pose really fits!

11 hours ago, Wyell said:

I gave it another try and used country names. It works, actually (with a lot of optimisation needed, of course).

Thoughts?

kS4cbZk.jpg

the st version was lovely but I really really like this too,I love the heart near Sendai/Japan ,we know our boy loves his hometown and his country!

To proceed, I need a little bit of help from you guys 🙏

1) Which countries should I include? Is there a list/PH data somewhere? 

2) It turns out looking for a photo of the Otonal 2.0 costume in that same pose is nigh impossible!! Does anybody have one saved??

If not, we can use the current one as it really does fit very nicely – in which case I have a favour to ask. I managed to track down the photographer (who also happens to be a fanyu, so who knows, she might be here): https://twitter.com/bassssclef Can anybody with a Twitter account please contact her to ask if we can have permission to use her photo? Possibly even a hi-res file?

Edit: The lovely @yuzuonice + @Yuzu_legend helped and we got permission to use the photo! :thanks:

Hello! I'm back with another update to the design: this time 94 countries in one banner! 

485eqg0.jpg

(You can tell I got a little carried away)

I tried a version keeping the blue but it just doesn't look complementary to the red.

I haven't proofread the country names so apologies if I misspelled anything. If somebody doesn't see their country on the design, please let me know.

Thank you @Yuzu_legend, @yuzuonice, @Veveco and @sallycinnamon for your help! 

3 hours ago, Wyell said:

Hello! I'm back with another update to the design: this time 94 countries in one banner! 

485eqg0.jpg

I tried a version keeping the blue but it just doesn't look complementary to the red.

I haven't proofread the country names so apologies if I misspelled anything. If somebody doesn't see their country on the design, please let me know.

It looks beautiful, I like it a lot! 

6 hours ago, Wyell said:

485eqg0.jpg

This looks beautiful, I really want to see such a banner live in the arena 😭

(also, whoa, those other items...👀 do you mind if I ask you how it would look on a tote bag? I was thinking I need one for Turin and I wanted to print something Yuzu-related to scream "hey fanyu here!!!" otherwise I'll merely be wearing the plainest clothes ever :drama:)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

This looks beautiful, I really want to see such a banner live in the arena 😭

(also, whoa, those other items...👀 do you mind if I ask you how it would look on a tote bag? I was thinking I need one for Turin and I wanted to print something Yuzu-related to scream "hey fanyu here!!!" otherwise I'll merely be wearing the plainest clothes ever :drama:)

We have to first check with the photographer whether they would be comfortable with us using the photo as such. If they say yes, I'll make you a mock-up so you can see what it looks like on a tote. ;)