WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

1. What pictures of Yuzu should we use? I just chose a random one that fit sort of the long horizontal format. We can also choose a couple designs (maybe Otonal, Origin, Seimei, Chopin..?)

2. Should the heart just be a heart ascii or something more stylized?

1. A picture of Otonal or Origin 2.0 would be best IMO (I’m partial to Origin.. love at first sight)

2. I like the shape of the heart you chose but maybe a deeper shade of pink or a red one?

I agree that we could have a couple designs with this season costumes. Between the new costumes I definitely like Origin2.0 more, but I'm actually really loving the sample with Otonal 2.0 and that shade of pink. The pastel colour and Otonal Yuzu give a very soft feeling, tbh I'd love a banner looking exactly like that:67638860:

But for example with Origin 2.0 the heart could have a darker color...

On 10/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, Frenchkiss70 said:

1. A picture of Otonal or Origin 2.0 would be best IMO (I’m partial to Origin.. love at first sight)

2. I like the shape of the heart you chose but maybe a deeper shade of pink or a red one?

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I agree that we could have a couple designs with this season costumes. Between the new costumes I definitely like Origin2.0 more, but I'm actually really loving the sample with Otonal 2.0 and that shade of pink. The pastel colour and Otonal Yuzu give a very soft feeling, tbh I'd love a banner looking exactly like that:67638860:

But for example with Origin 2.0 the heart could have a darker color...

Thanks for your input! I can try to put together something soon. I won't have photoshop on me this weekend so I'll try to do it early next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, yuzuangel said:

These are beautiful, thank you. I wonder if "Love Yuzu From __" and a sharpie marker for people to fill out where they're from would work, actually. So the place they're from can be semi-visible from a far, and we don't have to print 3947502943 different banners, we could just print maybe 3-4 different costumes or something.

(i didn't spend that much time on this one, just an idea)

WsQV5dk.jpg

I really support this idea actually, 100% green light and I'd love to see this if it's not too late for the next competition

After the recent events, I think the ISU needs reminding that if not for Yuzu, they won't be getting their pockets as full of ticket revenue AND TV rights revenue as right now. They probably had US breathing down their necks without realising who is the real game changer. 

Some variations if we really want them - I thought of putting photos of his record breaking programs and gold medal programs to give him some confidence boost if that works. Like Seimei, H&L, Olympic medal ceremony photos.

Just a suggestion though, I think we really need to stop getting sidetracked and get the production ready asap. 

1 minute ago, Salior said:

I really support this idea actually, 100% green light and I'd love to see this if it's not too late for the next competition

After the recent events, I think the ISU needs reminding that if not for Yuzu, they won't be getting their pockets as full of ticket revenue AND TV rights revenue as right now. It seems like they won't realise Yuzu's influence until they lose it. 

Some variations if we really want them - I thought of putting photos of his record breaking programs and gold medal programs to give him some confidence boost if that works. Like Seimei, H&L, Olympic programs. Just a suggestion though, I think we really need to stop getting sidetracked at get the production ready asap. 

we prob won't have time to make it for SC since that's in a week, but we do have time to make it for GPF, sure. I'll try to photoshop it tomorrow.

Thanks so much!  

I've found better world map templates so I've tried to create one here, based on the various Yuzu fans demographic surveys. The blank version can be used for pinning badges to locations too I think. 

Here's the psd files and some resources. In the same folder I've compiled the designs from everyone in one place too, let me know if you want to share your psd / edit files 

ebesdg.png  

icklp6.png 

I've created another one based on density, you can find the data and the original maps here (black lines) and here (white lines), I haven't figured out how to download it as an image

tp4jux.png 

Also just came across my old designs in the folders, realised it fits the bill too lol. Can be an alternative if we want to avoid the word "we" and such. The psd file is in the folder linked above as well, feel free to change anything as fit

dg49ma.png 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2019 at 12:54 PM, Salior said:

Thanks so much!  

I've found better world map templates so I've tried to create one here, based on the various Yuzu fans demographic surveys. The blank version can be used for pinning badges to locations too I think. 

Here's the psd files and some resources. In the same folder I've compiled the designs from everyone in one place too, let me know if you want to share your psd / edit files 

ebesdg.png  

icklp6.png 

I've created another one based on density, you can find the data and the original maps here (black lines) and here (white lines), I haven't figured out how to download it as an image

tp4jux.png 

Also just came across my old designs in the folders, realised it fits the bill too lol. Can be an alternative if we want to avoid the word "we" and such. The psd file is in the folder linked above as well, feel free to change anything as fit

dg49ma.png 

The options 1 and 2 are my favourites as they both carry the initial message.  I believe the ones with the costumes will get people more focused on Yuzu himself than on the message. Just my opinion.

Hey guys!

The wonderful @Yuzu_legend recommended I check out this thread as I'm currently helping out with designing materials to bring to Torino.

I had an idea that I thought might fit this project:

dHQwjrb.jpg

I thought it would be cool (and sends a nice message) if different flags come together and form a circle in the middle, with Yuzu as the hero image – doubling as the flag of Japan.

Please keep in mind that it's only a (really really) rough draft and I didn't have time to search for an Otonal 2.0 picture of the same pose. The flags here are also obviously placeholders (I cannot begin to tell you which is what) and the size is not final (depending on how many to include).

For me it's more symbolic than anything to show that Yuzu has fans from around the world so the (fan) flags don't have to be super visible. I also understand that some people have reservations about certain flags but at this size, I don't think it will be an issue. People can sign on it too, of course!

As I am quite late to the party I'm wary of swooping in and hijacking the process... so if there is interest, I will continue working on this. Otherwise, carry on the great work!! 

:clapclap4:

17 minutes ago, Wyell said:

Hey guys!

The wonderful @Yuzu_legend recommended I check out this thread as I'm currently helping out with designing materials to bring to Torino.

I had an idea that I thought might fit this project:

dHQwjrb.jpg

I thought it would be cool (and sends a nice message) if different flags come together and form a circle in the middle, with Yuzu as the hero image – doubling as the flag of Japan.

Please keep in mind that it's only a (really really) rough draft and I didn't have time to search for an Otonal 2.0 picture of the same pose. The flags here are also obviously placeholders (I cannot begin to tell you which is what) and the size is not final (depending on how many to include).

For me it's more symbolic than anything to show that Yuzu has fans from around the world so the (fan) flags don't have to be super visible. I also understand that some people have reservations about certain flags but at this size, I don't think it will be an issue. People can sign on it too, of course!

As I am quite late to the party I'm wary of swooping in and hijacking the process... so if there is interest, I will continue working on this. Otherwise, carry on the great work!! 

:clapclap4:

Unfortunately, there are issues with using flags of any kind with this project. Your design looks beautiful, though.