WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

34 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I love this! The black an white border is great and it will probably suit most of the flags.

Also, I wanted to know how our flag will look, so I've done Poland and Slovakia as well. But I don't have the source images, so this is only a quick paste, to have some visuals:

Reveal hidden contents

Looks great! Sorry I didn't get a chance to do it for Poland yet but this looks more or less how I'd do it. Should we tweet out this thread and the picture to see what the interest is like? Can you guys help retweet to get interest because we need to fulfill at least 200 banners? Since Skate Canada is in a month an a week we should probably hurry :)

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

The sample:

aH0tVEG.jpg

I just saw this thread and i’m loving this! I will put my name down but I am only going to Worlds which feels a long time from now. I just worried something crops up last minute to stop my trip but I will still contribute to the cost if I end up can’t go *touchwood* 

11 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I just saw this thread and i’m loving this! I will put my name down but I am only going to Worlds which feels a long time from now. I just worried something crops up last minute to stop my trip but I will still contribute to the cost if I end up can’t go *touchwood* 

Glad you like it :dancingpooh:hope to see you at worlds but if not there's always next season :smiley-cool14:

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I love this! The black an white border is great and it will probably suit most of the flags.

Also, I wanted to know how our flag will look, so I've done Poland and Slovakia as well. But I don't have the source images, so this is only a quick paste, to have some visuals:

Hide contents

tumblr_py33nwn1pM1xhw4qho1_540.jpg

tumblr_py33my4N8R1xhw4qho1_540.jpg

tumblr_py33zd9Z1x1xhw4qho1_540.jpg

Looks great! Now I'm all excited haha. Feels like December already :dancingpooh:

@yuzuangel  what printing company are you using that's so cheap and would it make sense for the US?  I was thinking of making Yuzu tee shirts through Vistaprint but a cheaper option means I can make more.  I was also thinking of throwing the tee shirts on the ice instead of plushies since whatever we throw on the ice is really a donation to local children's charities and I figured clothes is practical.

Thanks everyone for participating in the banner thread and design. It has been really helpful :10742289:

It has come to our attention that the use of certain flags for any reason is actually a huge political issue in many parts of the world. Some Chinese fans have been very anxious about any potential controversy using HK/Taiwan flags might put Yuzu in given that the upcoming Olympics is in Beijing, and he has Chinese sponsors. Yuzu has obviously not endorsed our project so it doesn't make sense that this would affect him but often we can't predict these reactions. And not only in Asia, but flags have different meanings in different regions, and we don't want to make any unintended political statements.

I would never want to do anything that would in any way hurt Yuzu or increase the chances of anyone anywhere to hurt Yuzu for any reason..so @robin and @4Nessie and @Salior and @Yuzu_legend and @Veveco and I spent the last day or so thinking of solutions that don't involve flags. We mostly chatted about this through PM because the situation seemed sensitive, but if you would like to be added to the discussion, please PM me!

One idea that we came up with was that we could do a big map, kinda like the demographic map we tweeted, and hang it somewhere in the arena. People can drop pins onto an online map signifying where they're from/their hometown, and we can add a small heart on the map for each person. We can bring the map to competitions with stickers, and people can keep adding to the map by placing stickers on the locations where they're from. 

The map can say "WE LOVE YUZU/ALL OVER THE WORLD" on top and bottom (and maybe something about Planet Hanyu as well). And maybe individual handheld banners can also have the same map and we can hand out large "pin" stickers that you can place on the region you're from when you hold it up.

Would love to hear all of your thoughts or any other ideas that anyone may have :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Thanks everyone for participating in the banner thread and design. It has been really helpful :10742289:

It has come to our attention that the use of certain flags for any reason is actually a huge political issue in many parts of the world. Some Chinese fans have been very anxious about any potential controversy using HK/Taiwan flags might put Yuzu in given that the upcoming Olympics is in Beijing, and he has Chinese sponsors. Yuzu has obviously not endorsed our project so it doesn't make sense that this would affect him but often we can't predict these reactions. And not only in Asia, but flags have different meanings in different regions, and we don't want to make any unintended political statements.

I would never want to do anything that would in any way hurt Yuzu or increase the chances of anyone anywhere to hurt Yuzu for any reason..so @robin and @4Nessie and @Salior and @Yuzu_legend and @Veveco and I spent the last day or so thinking of solutions that don't involve flags. We mostly chatted about this through PM because the situation seemed sensitive, but if you would like to be added to the discussion, please PM me!

One idea that we came up with was that we could do a big map, kinda like the demographic map we tweeted, and hang it somewhere in the arena. People can drop pins onto an online map signifying where they're from/their hometown, and we can add a small heart on the map for each person. We can bring the map to competitions with stickers, and people can keep adding to the map by placing stickers on the locations where they're from. 

The map can say "WE LOVE YUZU/ALL OVER THE WORLD" on top and bottom (and maybe something about Planet Hanyu as well). And maybe individual handheld banners can also have the same map and we can hand out large "pin" stickers that you can place on the region you're from when you hold it up.

Would love to hear all of your thoughts or any other ideas that anyone may have :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg:

Sounds lovely! The individual handheld banners is definitely a plus, shows where they are from without the political baggage. Will the wording be the same? 

The map pin is a great idea too ^^ Perhaps can also state that if they have difficulty navigating the map pins, they can add the city to the form? 

Thanks everyone for the discussion too! 

here's something basic I've come up with, just from the form entries 

mqy6ej.png

1. If we want the attendees to stick a heart on the site, the banner gotta be LARGE, Europe is already full haha. Also we must ensure the quality of the sticker such that it won't fall off / crumple when the banner is folded? 

2. Should we also have regional banners? Like Asia / NA / SA / Europe / Oceania? Since individual flags are already small and the Europe is so tiny that one "Love" image would cover up the entire continent lol, and for the big banner there might not be enough space to stick everyone's stickers haha, depending on the size. Then maybe add the words "We love Yuzu" at the blank spaces that is the ocean or on top and bottom. Although probably it doesn't matter.  

some additional suggestions

Spoiler

3. Should we include countries from the previous graphs as well? Maybe in a different colour, like these will be printed while attendees get all stickers? If so Asia would be quite full haha, maybe we can make it closer to the centre and put words in the Pacific ocean? Maybe we can have separate banners for countries that are represented online from previous graphs and surveys (printed), and continent maps where ppl can stick their stickers on? Also should we include numbers too? 

8cp937.png

Like afaik the largest Chinese Yuzu fan group on weibo has 617,496 members,

Russia has a fan group as well (the largest group I've found on vk is 13k) 

Latino America FB page has 40k likes 

Vietnamese FB page has 54k likes 

Taiwanese FB page has 142k likes 

Mexico FB page has 5.5k likes 

Japanese FB page has 72k likes 

Hanyuyuzurufeed on twitter has 32k followers 

Here's the demographic for twitter and here's some more countries from Youtube, done during the birthday project in 2016. This is from the 2019 fan book 

Here's the PH one. Maybe we can call for ppl to tag themselves if they want to be represented, not just if they're attending. 

On 11/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, yuzuangel said:

So out of curiosity I looked at the self-selected country tags of each user (although we only started having the tag like, a couple of months in, so half of the users on PH never filled out a country tag). The tag is what displays your flag underneath your avatar.

It's very interesting, 1481 people have filled out a tag (not including those who chose to leave the field blank), and we are from 88 different countries :D The most number of members are from the United States, but over half of our members are from Asia.

(Long graph is long so click to zoom in.)

Av2h7hX.png

3sUZ2d0.png

Don't have to be precise, but maybe just put the numbers in the general region for the larger groups?

Although that'll mean that the banner will have to be updated T.T Maybe don't print the numbers, but make them removable stickers instead.