WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

10 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

The design doesn't really work well for longer names, though. Unless we break it into two lines or make it small

as of now the only long name that doesn't seem to have a short form that I could think of is Philippines, but imo 2 lines wouldn't look that bad for it since there's a lot of space 

13 hours ago, Veveco said:

Yes, the location will influence, that's true. I didn't mean to strictly follow the PH population, just that it can give us a general idea. It's a it of both, I guess? For instance, and based on ACI, for both SC and worlds in Montreal, going for USA/Canada/Japan/China is probably the safest bet if we want to distribute the extra banners to other fans (there were a lot of Japanese & Chinese fans at ACI, traveling to NA doesn't seem to scare them). GPF is another story, it's harder to predict with so many European countries :14066882:

In the end, it depends on what we want to do with this project: do we just add extra banners (to whatever PH members need) to reach 200 in time for the closest competition (SC - > US/Canada banners are the obvious choice then)? Or do we want to plan ahead and aim to share banners at various competitions this year? (then we'd need a bit more variety in flags for GPF so it's more complicated) :14066882: Or, we can also complete the number with a more generic banner, like the yellow banners that were given by the Chinese fans at ACI... Less "country-focused", I know, but easier to plan... :sigh:

now I think about it, the words "China loves Yuzu" may have some historical baggage and be seen as over-representing... I think China does love Yuzu (there's even a dedicated bilibili channel aimed at archiving every single CCTV video about Yuzu, and I have to say they praise him a lot!) but I could see the fans being attacked on Weibo if they were seen waving these flags, especially if Boyang is also competing... I'm not sure how they'll receive it haha, maybe they won't mind, maybe they'll choose not to wave the flags idk, probably won't be a problem for other countries. My initial message "Love from xxx" was aimed to reduce these scenarios but in the end I think "xxx loves Yuzu" is a good balance

On 9/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, ICeleste said:

Personally I'm from Argentina and I'm not able to attend any fs competitions (it'd be a dream come true). I'm sure most South American Yuzu fans feel this way too. I'd appreciate it if some fans could carry banners on behalf of satellites who love Yuz from different countries but can't travel to competitions (just a suggestion).

I think if we can't hit the 200 quota, having satellites carrying banners on behalf of other countries will also be a good idea! I'm sure a lot of us would love to be represented but can't go to the venue.

Only if we get explicit requests in the form though. Perhaps we can have a google form stating whether you'll be getting the flags yourself (+contact details on telegram / WhatsApp) or if you'd like your country being represented as well.

I'm from Malaysia/Singapore and I'd love to have these tropical countries represented too. Even though figure skating is not a big thing here, love for Yuzu is truly international :)

4 hours ago, Salior said:

as of now the only long name that doesn't seem to have a short form that I could think of is Philippines, but imo 2 lines wouldn't look that bad for it since there's a lot of space 

Try The Czech Republic... I know, we have a short version (Czechia), but I refuse to use it, because for me personally it sounds rude. So I think I can beat Philippines. :rofl2:

21 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

This looks good:

IdeEx41.jpg

Or we could randomly select a color on the flag

lW081IG.jpg

I like the first design the best. :2thumbsup:

It's easy to read and clear and the black frame makes the flag stand out more.

The second design with choosing a random color from the flag for the frame is also a great idea but it would be a lot of work to make it for each country flag, I think?

To be honest, I think the "we *country flag in heart shape* Yuzu" design is much better than the one with "country name *heart* Yuzu".

The first just means we are from xxx country and we love Yuzu.

But the second one implies that the entire country loves Yuzu and that might be a bit too much. :think:

It looks I'm late to the discussion oops anyway IMO the banner with heart-flag is the best, concise and pretty self-explanatory

general consideration: I want to see Yuzuru's name (or any other clear reference to his person) on a banner meant for Yuzuru.

If I I want to cheer on other skaters I can just bring different banners for them, or print their country flag or whatever. And I don't see why Yuzu fans especially should worry about cheering for everyone... we're fans exactly like any other fan, no one tasked us with the moral mission to be better than other fans and for sure we are not worse.

Like every other fan, we have faves and not-faves. So I don't care about showing the world "you see, I love everyone!". I DON'T and it's in my right to feel so and act so. My only "duty" as audience in comp is to respect all competitors, not to be their personal cheering squad, for how blunt this sounds. Other people are welcomed to be their personal cheering squad if they want. I can politely clap for everyone but no one has the right ot ask me more, if I myself don't feel like doing more. Even if Yuzuru asked me to cheer as loudly for a skater as I'd cheer for him I wouldn't do that. I am my own person and I feel what I feel and I make my own choices :shrug:

(sorry Zu:peekapooh: but look at it this way: I'm not treating you like an idol, or some god whose word is law, I'm treating you as "my equal"...sort of:P)

On 9/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, yuzuangel said:

This looks good:

IdeEx41.jpg

Or we could randomly select a color on the flag

lW081IG.jpg

my fave is the one with black+white line. Coloured+white would mean a further degree of customization, so IMO not really necessary

@yuzuangel how would it look with "we" in slightly smaller font compared to "yuzu"?

On 9/15/2019 at 7:25 PM, fyere0 said:

Me, in a salty mood: The banners should say "[COUNTRY] LOVES YUZU!" instead of "WE LOVE YUZU, FROM [COUNTRY]!" because then it will really annoy haters from that country who don't love him to be unwillingly grouped into that sentiment, but they can't do anything about it. :muahaha:  :darklordyuzu:

this is brilliant:laughing:

On 9/16/2019 at 6:58 AM, 4Nessie said:

Recognizing the flag, again, is not important. Important is to see "hey, they have MANY different colored flags! and this one is different too!". If someone really wants to know, he can search for it. It is not impossible. I grew up searching for flags in the book atlas, no google available. If you want to know, you will find a way to find out.

this:iagree:

(also, :offtopic2: when I was I child there was this fruit juice brand that put flags+country name on the cap. I drank  A LOT of fruit-juices so I could collect as many flags as possible LOL I also searched where the country was on my globe... No internet at home back then LMAO it was funny. I was so surprised at the Nepal flag...but my fave probably was Kiribati, so detailed, almost poetic. To go back on topic, yeah, if people want to know which contry has a flag, they can. Even on twitter emojs there are all the flags with country name. The most important thing is that there will be lots of different flags)

Hi everyone! Thank you all for putting up ideas and design especially for those (like me) who would be perfectly unable to do so, but are excited to show some love to Yuzu :2thumbsup:

For me, the best banner is the "original" one with the heart shaped flag. It's short, easy to read and understand, and gives the international vibe (I agree we don't really care about recognizing the flag, the point is just the diversity). For the details, I prefer the black border for the heart, but that's just personnal taste. 

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

The sample:

aH0tVEG.jpg

I love this! The black an white border is great and it will probably suit most of the flags.

Also, I wanted to know how our flag will look, so I've done Poland and Slovakia as well. But I don't have the source images, so this is only a quick paste, to have some visuals:

Spoiler

tumblr_py33nwn1pM1xhw4qho1_540.jpg

tumblr_py33my4N8R1xhw4qho1_540.jpg

tumblr_py33zd9Z1x1xhw4qho1_540.jpg