WE ♥ YUZU FROM (COUNTRY) BANNER IDEA

yuzuangel

Me, in a salty mood: The banners should say "[COUNTRY] LOVES YUZU!" instead of "WE LOVE YUZU, FROM [COUNTRY]!" because then it will really annoy haters from that country who don't love him to be unwillingly grouped into that sentiment, but they can't do anything about it. :muahaha:  :darklordyuzu:

1 hour ago, Salior said:

While I understand that the initial goal was to "prove that Yuzu not only has fans in Japan", from a 3rd person's perspective this does seem a little fanatical, and I'm sure Yuzu would prefer it if we are seen as figure skating fans rather than worshipping him like an idol 

I was thinking from a completely ignorant foreigner journalist's point of view and what effect would our actions have on them, since they are our initial target "audience" anyway

Should the idea be "Yuzu fans are trying to show that Yuzu is loved from a lot of countries", which the stark contrast & absence in other skaters' will make it seem like "Why tf can't these fans make a similar banner for other skaters too? They deserve it"?

Or "figure skating fans are trying to show that the Japanese superstar is not just loved in Japan but all around the world"? 

For sure we cannot pre-empt all the anti arguments, but this is just something I thought Yuzu would appreciate as well - knowing that our attention and respect is not just for him, but for everyone.

For me I think that the 2nd premise is a healthier one.

I think our target audience is Yuzu, his team, and other Yuzu fans watching. Not some foreign journalist, (I honestly couldn't care less about them.)

What exactly is fanatical about it? Saying "We love Yuzu"?

We are a Yuzu forum, so we're making banners for Yuzu, not other skaters.

I think we should stop thinking what the antis and journalists and judges and commentators and all those other people will mark us as. We're not going to some fan contest peagant but a competition. So let's make something that we enjoy, not something others would want to see.

I think we should go with the heart design for the simplicity of it (which means that the flag will not get distorted) and because it conveys everything we originally wanted to say...

Also, another suggestion because someone mentioned that from afar only "WE   YUZU" is seen: maybe the heart border could be just slightly thicker to avoid that, especially with Japanese and whiter flags!

11 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Me, in a salty mood: The banners should say "[COUNTRY] LOVES YUZU!" instead of "WE LOVE YUZU, FROM [COUNTRY]!" because then it will really annoy haters from that country who don't love him to be unwillingly grouped into that sentiment, but they can't do anything about it. :muahaha:  :darklordyuzu:

Hahaha, I like this one. Also, it's shorter which is better for a banner!

I also prefer the original heart flag. It's simple and to the point.

I don't care if people judge us for supporting Yuzu specifically - I AM there to see Yuzu and while I have many other skaters I like I DONT support all of figure skating, certainly not all skaters (or officials for that matter) who will end up at the competition I'll attend :notamused:

My preference is We heart Yuzu with the flag in the heart  - simplicity is often the most effective IMO.  And I think Yuzu rather than Yuzuru, because it's shorter and because that what we call him mostly (I imagine!) Plus it implies that closer relationship between fan and athlete.

Thanks for coming up with some different ideas too folks, it concentrates the mind when there are choices to be made!

20 minutes ago, Pammi said:

My preference is We heart Yuzu with the flag in the heart  - simplicity is often the most effective IMO.  And I think Yuzu rather than Yuzuru, because it's shorter and because that what we call him mostly (I imagine!) Plus it implies that closer relationship between fan and athlete.

Thanks for coming up with some different ideas too folks, it concentrates the mind when there are choices to be made!

:iagree: The whole point is to show Yuzu is loved all over the world. 

A little bit off topic but I also think signs that just say 6.0 would be really funny and to the point. Maybe Pooh hunny pots with 6.0 on them. :laughing: :dancingpooh: I feel Yuzu would get a kick out of that, finishing a skate and then seeing those perfect sixes he was watching his heroes earn and aiming for as a kid pop up all around the rink. And like, if the ISU is insisting on taking FS back to the dark ages where posing and drama arms get you big points and edges and rotations don't matter, might as well have scoring to match.

Slightly off topic, but when the design will be decided, would it be possible for me to make such a "banner" as a picture for myself and use it in social media like Twitter? I can't travel to see Yuzu live this year, but I want to cheer up for him during the competition together with you. Pretty please! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

BTW, I was thinking won't it look understandable enough to simply make a hart shaped flag and write "Yuzu" nearby? Like this, everything will be even bigger and Yuzu will see it easily. And bonus, it will mean exactly "_____ {country} loves Yuzu". 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

A little bit off topic but I also think signs that just say 6.0 would be really funny and to the point. Maybe Pooh hunny pots with 6.0 on them. :laughing: :dancingpooh: I feel Yuzu would get a kick out of that, finishing a skate and then seeing those perfect sixes he was watching his heroes earn and aiming for as a kid pop up all around the rink. And like, if the ISU is insisting on taking FS back to the dark ages where posing and drama arms get you big points and edges and rotations don't matter, might as well have scoring to match.

Ah I love this idea so much! Yuzu'd love it too! and it would bring a smile to many people's faces, whoever they support, cos it's cute, and everyone would know it was meant for Yuzu, and imagine the Olympic Channel reporting on it!! Just the issue of flags/countries to think about....Maybe we could have BOTH "We Heart Yuzu~with flags~", and Hunny Pot 6.0s!!

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

So you're saying we shouldn't have banners that say:

WE LOVE YUZU

NOT THE ISU

:P 

Thank you, Yuzuangel for organizing the flags.  

iMHO,  I think 

your original design is succinct and to the point!

we/I

love/❤️  Putting my flag in the heart is 👌 

Yuzu

Putting country names is too cumbersome especially with long names.

personally, a picture is worth a thousand word👌

On that same note, I AM a Yuzu fan, I do not feel the need to apologize for that fact to anyone!

in fact, everyone has the freedom to show love to their own favourite skater in accepted format.

I do not worship Yuzuru as a God and think it is a fallacy to assume all or a majority of his fandom do. 

I do think YUZU is the GOAT 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Slightly off topic, but when the design will be decided, would it be possible for me to make such a "banner" as a picture for myself and use it in social media like Twitter? I can't travel to see Yuzu live this year, but I want to cheer up for him during the competition together with you. Pretty please! :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

BTW, I was thinking won't it look understandable enough to simply make a hart shaped flag and write "Yuzu" nearby? Like this, everything will be even bigger and Yuzu will see it easily. And bonus, it will mean exactly "_____ {country} loves Yuzu". 

Yes, of course! We will release the full res versions so anyone can print their own banner or use it however they want.