sallycinnamon

[2019] CS Lombardia Trophy (13.09-15.09 2019)

I am suprised that Boyang 4Lz got lower GOE than Dimitriev. It looked really impressive, so high and fast. Recorded a slow-mo (will share later).  

Boyang had also a very nice costume and the music is interesting with space to work on choreo. 

For Dimitriev I think I liked the dramatic feeling of free more. 

Looks like most men are being killed on PCS this season. I’ll be real curious to see PCS for balletic arms and ankles...

6 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

Looks like most men are being killed on PCS this season. I’ll be real curious to see PCS for balletic arms and ankles...

200! :D

I hate the music cuts and am sick to death of MR and think the choreo is hammy at times but what a performer Kazuki is, I love him and will endure a hundred Roxannes for him.

22 hours ago, Sukigirl said:

21 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

200! :D

250 if he bothers to wear an actual costume during a competition! :10814716:

26 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Really like this costume, it's simple but not boring.

Designed by Satomi Ito. She also congratz Boyang on Insta. I wonder how many skaters she designed costumes this year? SLB of costume world? :war:

I was catching up with ice dance and I CAN'T BELIEVE Guignard/Fabbri are skating to Bowie, including my probably favourite song ever (Space Oddity) ;; I'm just gonna be very biased this season and wish they win everything ;;

17 minutes ago, airi said:

I was catching up with ice dance and I CAN'T BELIEVE Guignard/Fabbri are skating to Bowie, including my probably favourite song ever (Space Oddity) ;; I'm just gonna be very biased this season and wish they win everything ;;

This is really an excellent choice of music and the program is good too. It's something different than what we've seen from them so far. Guignard/Fabbri for World Champions 2020 :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

sorry skaters who were in LT - between job and an unpredictable spacekitty sucking away all my energy I couldn't follow you live (and then scoring made me too bitter to  watch more scoring mess on sunday) so catching up now

I agree with people who are getting fed up with knee slides:smiley_hairpull:

(LOL but seriously were there so many of them last season?)

just some thoughts, and congrats to all the medallists:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

IceDance

Spoiler

(why so many falls?)

I quite liked Shpilevaya/Smirnov in both RD and FD :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: and also Green/Parson FD (idk if I hate of love her outfit)

G/F: I don't like Guignard's costume for the fd and honestly idk if I like that fd or not (I'm sorry:scared0012:)... idk, it did hold my attention. I love the colour of the RD dress instead, and in general I like the rd

Calderone/Papetti: stripes on FD costumes ---> La strada, of course. I'm sorry, that's one of the warhorses I hate the most (Carmen >> La strada to me):13877886: 9 times out of 10 I just zone out :sigh: again, I prefer the RD

FB/S: she looks awesome in the FD (also, wow those muscles). Mistake aside, tbh I'm not sure if that fd is a good vehicle for them...atm it looks rather "tame", especially after that gorgeous FD from past two seasons... the RD is IMO much better

L/L: same. Nice RD (twizzles!), inthe FD her costume looks at odds with his (his is in character with Queen IMO, I'm just :confused: at what a typical flowy ID costume has to do with the program...something more "edgy" could be better IMO). Again, mistake aside, atm I am not thrilled about the program

Galyavieva/Thauron: LMAO of course there's Carmen:laughing: looks like karma for what I said about La strada. I would have never guessed from the costume tho. Still, as I said, Carmen is IMO a good warhorse, so I liked that fd:tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

Mironova/Ustenko: awww they looked sweet taking starting pose. I've really liked their fd! (and nice curve lift)

I think they left the biggest impression on me (and clearly I don't care one bit about level of skills LOL)

Horihara/Pirinen:  not the finnish bbs I was expecting tbh (what happened to Juulia and Matthias?) but still, I liked their fd (and curve lift on one foot? nice)

ladies

Spoiler

Anya: about the FS, sorry, but the most remarkable part to me is the dress change (and tbh the blue peeking out under the red skirt was a bit distracting, it reminded me that the change had happened). I hoped for something more from the choreo, overall I am...underwhelmed...

atm I prefer SP, even if typical Eteri program (funny thing, at the beginning there is a "pointing towards judges" moment that gave me major Sasha flashbacks). I wish she would release her leg in the spiral a bit less abruptly, I guess it's choreographed like this, but to me it makes it look as if she lost her grip:81: My fave part is between 2A and solo jump. It looks like "just" a program to a nice music (with music sometimes a bit eerie, but to me it's good that I can't spot any obvious references to gruesome & serial killers).

Question: did she always had that much leg wrap?

YY: I don't like some abrupt cuts in the FS, especially the stsq looked to be put there without Young really registering the change , aside arms hitting accents here and there.

As for the SP....what even are those cuts?:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5: And why that voiceover? But good for her to be challenging the 3A and getting it ratified (that 3A was VERY underrotated  tbh, but it's not like it was the only UR the panel ignored...or panels in general)

Wakababy: so much charisma, she really has that spark that makes her compelling to watch even when doing little. Nice counter2A in the SP (but... to think that it could have been something else!). FS stsq is so lit (and she can knee-slide on the ice how much she wants:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg: ok it wasn't really a knee slide but almost), but it's sad to see her having all those issues rotating her triples... a lit stsq isn't enough, sadly:sad4:

I'll always wonder about what ifs with her. Well, I hope she is at least... in somewhat better health?

(if not, to compete here might have done so much damage to her, in terms of health but also rep)

Yelim IMO wins the costumes of the competition with her SP dress (ok, I also love Starr's FS costume and Lucrezia's costumes)

tbh her SP is my fave among those I've watched, even if there isn't much going on between jumps, it looks choesive and ngl, visually the costume does play its role. And I like the FS too. Overall I think the lady who convinced me more...

Lucrezia:

SP much better than the FS IMO, in the FS she looked very slow going into the jumps (and slow in general tbh)... a pity that in the SP she had troubles with the final spin but to me that was a nice MS

She also has two gorgeous costumes (tho of the FS one I love only the bodice, why on earth is the skirt so sheer?)

Men

Spoiler

Boyangman: he looks in much better condition compared to last season. Trivial comment: blades weren't only matching the SP shirt but the boards too LMAO the overall effect for me was a bit blinding.

For SP, not yet sold on parts of stsq...even if the song has a crescendo some bits look too "forceful" (and what is that pseudo sidelunge supposed to be?). Emptiness in first half is especially notable in fancam, but overall, I think it's better than I was expecting. In fancam it also looks like he was scarily close ot the boards with that combo of his :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'm digging the music for the FS and to me it's a good program for him, music does some heavy lifting and he looks connected to it. Even if Benoit is everywhere this season, I like this one program:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: especially nice the building up towards the last two spins

Matteo: congrats for challenging the 4Lo and that was one of those rare beautiful pops in the FS (but next time I'm counting on you not popping, an ugly quad is always better than a beautiful pop). I like the stsq a lot (and unavoidable to think about Javi)

SP: I forgive him the shirt (and that colour!) only because his skating is so lovely to watch and wow the energy! I love this!:smiley-happy085:

Morisi:

my face when FS music started --->:knc_tracy1::idk::embSwan:

I'm sorry I wasn''t expecting Celentano LMAO

yes, this is my comment.

Kazuki:

ok FS looks better than I thought, he has some nice intensity (tho there are maybe too many dramatic "stop and looking intense" moments for my taste). I like this costume better than the previous. Still, weird to associate funny&sweet Kazuki with that high drama(of a man nearing madness because his lover is selling her body):tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

ngl, I think his previous fs was better...and had more potential. Also, I think I might have an issue with his hands:tumblr_inline_mzx8v0X45Z1r8msi5: idk, I find them so distracting in MR... they remind me a bit of Harry the Pumpin king, but Harry's hands are kinda suited for his programs...

the SP: where to start:facepalm: well, at least I've watched it after watching that beautiful clip of the two dancers posted here, so I can "kinda" get what they were aiming for. But tbh that's a kind of choreo that is pretty hard to translate well on the ice, lots of "broken" moves and standstill while in a fs program you need to keep flowing and flowing... also, IMO the biggest issue is that Kazuki rn lacks the refinemint to pull off the choreo. Ok, those two were professional dancers, so it's unfair to compare, but it shows exactly why for them it works and for Kazuki doesn't. He still doesn't have the lines, the precision and even the expression (particularly grating that standstill choreo towards the end, it feels so out of place that it looks almost comical to me). I can see Takahashi pulling off this kind of concept, or Lambiel... for Kazuki, IMO it's too much too soon

Dima: SP costume at first sight looked to me like the minimalistic stepbrother of Origin2.0 LMAO. Still much better than the even more minimalistic outfit for FS...

Drama arms in SP! I'm guessing he was getting tired in he FS stsq tho, to me it looked like he was losing some of his beautiful lines there...

He's elegant as always, I love him.

No comment on his TES but congrats for the nice 3Lz...whoops:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp: ahahah they gave that a few +3 and mostly +4, I wanna cry

16 hours ago, monchan said:

Designed by Satomi Ito. She also congratz Boyang on Insta. I wonder how many skaters she designed costumes this year? SLB of costume world? :war:

At least Evgenia's costume from her FP is from that designer. She, the designer, had the design on her Instastory recently.