sallycinnamon

[2019] CS ACI (12.09-14.09) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

2 hours ago, Toni said:

I feel exactly the same as you. I don't know your situation, but my heart-sister died a week ago while I held her hand. We're still in the middle of arranging her cremation... and I... well, Yuzu's the only reason I've survived the freak-show that is American politics lately... so I think I need my bestest Angel boy even more now... that's all. I hope it all turns out okay for you. We can share our dear Yuzu's comfort. And we can completely lose ourselves in the joy of those new quads. 

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how heart-breaking that must be. Wishing you strength and solace.

Thank heavens for Yuzu! He does bring joy even during the hardest of times. 

w88hRgU.jpg

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how heart-breaking that must be. Wishing you strength and solace.

w88hRgU.jpg

:rofl3:thank you!

I have some assignments that I'm committed to and the dead line is this Friday. But I'm not going to leave that till the last minute so I've finished the most of it. I will submit it by Wednesday evening to free myself before the ACI mayhem starts :D

Cannot wait to get those sleepless nights over Yuzu and his programs/costume. I'm living the fanyu life at it's best!!

3 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

6 days!!! I can’t wait, I’m not ready, I’m elated, I’m petrified.

When are the practice sessions? Sooooon....

9 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Thank you. "This one sparks joy." Yes, Yuzu is like the detonator of a "Joy Bomb."

5 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

6 days!!! I can’t wait, I’m not ready, I’m elated, I’m petrified.

It's even less than 6 days actually, if Yuzu attends the practice session on Thursday. I'm sure he will, aye? :dancingpooh:

So, if he has a new jump or program, we might get to see it (or them) in 5 days already :surprised_pikachu:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

It's even less than 6 days actually, if Yuzu attends the practice session on Thursday. I'm sure he will, aye? :dancingpooh:

So, if he has a new jump or program, we might get to see it (or them) in 5 days already :surprised_pikachu:

:HELPSOS:

Aaaaah it’s sooo hard to explain to non FS fans who are only really interested in team sports quite how nerve wracking this is.  And it may all be a waste of fretting time - he can win this with last seasons line up no problem.  Will he - won’t he - and if not when?  :confused:

I do wonder, if he has 4A ready, if he'll show it at ACI.

On one side, it's the first of the challengers and he might not want to show all his cards just yet.

On the other side, he could throw down the gauntlet early on and have the others try to play catch up. He'd also need all the mileage he can get on it, in competition.

Personally, though, I don't really expect it this weekend. But I do expect 4Lz and maybe 4F attempts, for the mileage again. It still needs work, but working on it in competition might be better than just working on it behind closed doors, especially when simply attempting quads gets skaters bonus points.

4 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Aaaaah it’s sooo hard to explain to non FS fans who are only really interested in team sports quite how nerve wracking this is.  And it may all be a waste of fretting time - he can win this with last seasons line up no problem.  Will he - won’t he - and if not when?  :confused:

I don't think winning this will be his main goal. It's all about his plans and goals for the season ahead and what he wants his opening act to be: not showing all his cards or go out all guns blazing. For either of those, winning would be a natural side-effect. Then again, ACI isn't usually great for him and he barely won over Jun last year, so he'll have to consider the first :pancake: effect as well lol

Exactly - what is the better option - surprise or mileage?  I think on looking back at last season on balance it’s  mileage - but I’m not 100% about that.  He knows what he’s doing and he’s calculating all the time - I’m sure he’ll make the right decision, which might come down to something as insubstantial as how he feels in the few minutes before he takes the ice. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

32 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I do wonder, if he has 4A ready, if he'll show it at ACI.

Nah, he won't. Instead he will have planned solo 3a as a first jumping pass. Nothing attempted but also a total chaos.:volcano:

Everyone talks about 4Lz, 4F, 4A, but I think Yuzu will become the first man to land a clean 4-4 combo next week (what we expect the least).

This is my prediction for Yuzu's PLANNED FS layout :coolio:

Spoiler

1A

4Lz

FCCoSp

StSq

3Lo

3F

X 4T+3A+SEQ

X 3A+3T

X 4T+1Eu+4S

ChSq