sallycinnamon

[2019] CS ACI (12.09-14.09) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

48 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Any info about practice streams? I suppose there won't be any, right? 

I remember something about a tweet that they would stream practice and competitions but I might have been dreaming or hallucinating so don't take my word for it. :D 

I am in no-sleep-for-me time zone.

12 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I am in no-sleep-for-me time zone.

:LOL:

Wow, we need to make this an official term! Essential fanyu dictionary entry!

ACI always streams all practices. Last year, I think they started streaming only on Thursday and there was only one camera mounted up high on a corner, that filmed the whole rink, no close-ups, but it was still better than nothing, I think.

27 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

ACI always streams all practices. Last year, I think they started streaming only on Thursday and there was only one camera mounted up high on a corner, that filmed the whole rink, no close-ups, but it was still better than nothing, I think.

Yep that was last year. :D There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and then much rejoicing. :D 

6 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Yep that was last year. :D There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and then much rejoicing. :D 

I remember hearing that they didn't show Wednesday practices, so on Thursday I was trying to film Yuzu almost continuously, to share, but in the end I didn't have to share my crappy videos lol Hopefully, they'll be better prepared this year. Oh, but with a JGP the same weekend - I think? - Ted probably won't be at ACI again this year... It was nice to see him around last year...

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I remember hearing that they didn't show Wednesday practices, so on Thursday I was trying to film Yuzu almost continuously, to share, but in the end I didn't have to share my crappy videos lol Hopefully, they'll be better prepared this year. Oh, but with a JGP the same weekend - I think? - Ted probably won't be at ACI again this year... It was nice to see him around last year...

Ted isn't there, it's Meagan and somebody, not particularly looking forward to that. 

Last year I really had a hard time following the competitions during this year period because of life stuff, but this year, apart from the fact that I have lots of work to do, I am actually in a much better emotional place so I really cannot wait for ACI and it makes me happy to fel that times change, life goes on and even if some things return (like fs season lol), you always live them in a different way each year. And I am so grateful that Yuzuru is still skating, for real. Who would have imagined? 

Sorry for the poetic wax. But I really cannot stand the wait anymore!!! GIMMIE THEM NEW QUADS. 

I"m the opposite of you, @Murieleirum, I am in a very difficult time right now, questioning whether i can even GO to ACI in 7 days... I"m questioning it, but I really think I"ll end up going as a much needed distraction... no matter what happens, though, I echo the GIMMIE THEM NEW QUADS!!

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I don't know which time zone you're in but I'm in YUZU MEAN TIME +5GOE. He can get the meanest there!! :13877886: Really I'm exactly 12hrs ahead of the location so men's sp & fs are after 1:30am...and ladies...gawd...I'm dead

6 hours ago, Sabrina said:

Wow that’s rough! I’m 6 h ahead and for me everything is in the evening! 

same here of course but @BWOZWaltz we'll get the same situation for Skate Canada....but then if Yuzuru is skating who needs sleep??

I can' wait...I think i'll have troubles for watching the practise on thursday butthen the weekend is mine!!!

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I hope she gets better soon!

Gabby and Bradie are not the entry list either. :( 

I hope they are OK :13877886:

8 hours ago, Sabrina said:

Wow that’s rough! I’m 6 h ahead and for me everything is in the evening! 

I'm 5 hours ahead so although I will have to skip going to the gym after work on Friday (I am obviously devastated by this) everything fits nicely into the hours between home from work and bed.

When will we know the draw/practice groups for the first practices?

Wow, ACI is still one week away, but we've already filled two pages with time zone issues :xD:

I'm really worried, because I signed a new internet contract today and the lady from the service said, it will take 7-10 days until the changeover. That will collide exactly with ACI... I pray that there won't be any chaos during the men's event, but I have a really bad feeling... :13877886:

At first I thought, it would be better to wait a week with the contract, but the price offer will end this weekend... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

9 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I don't know which time zone you're in but I'm in YUZU MEAN TIME +5GOE. He can get the meanest there!! :13877886: Really I'm exactly 12hrs ahead of the location so men's sp & fs are after 1:30am...and ladies...gawd...I'm dead

:laughing:

I'm in GMT + 2 (+1 in the winter) which means, competitions in North America are usually not ideal here, while competitions in Asia are better for me. When events are in the evening local time in NA then it's usually the middle of the night here. To be completely honest, after all the work on workdays I am usually exhausted by the time Friday evening comes, so usually I have a hard time to stay awake until 3 or 4 in the morning then. Saturdays are better because then I am at least less tired then after having a good sleep.

I will try to have an afternoon nap on the day of the SP at Skate Canada, but it'll be also hard because before competitions I am already a bit too excited and can't stop following all the Yuzu news :laughing: (also because I almost never take a nap the afternoon).

NHK Trophy will be different - the SP is usually during my worktime on Friday which means hiding in the toilet with my phone or in better case, pretend to be working while sitting in front of my computer. :P I won't forget the moment when I was watching NHK '16 at work and Yuzu revealed PPOS. I almost fainted but had to keep a complete neutral face :rofl2:

So ACI this year will be a blessing time-wise, which will be around 8 or 9 in the evening here, that is perfect :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: