sallycinnamon

[2019] CS ACI (12.09-14.09) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

Dear skating gods, this season I ask for

1. healthy Zunzuru,

2. healthy Mai, Azusa, Alexandra, Wenjing, Cong, Boyang, Kao,

3. Rika breaking 250 in total.

Thank you:D

I'm so excited to see Yuzu skate again, but also soooo nervous :panic: I also get more things than usual done when he's about to skate, because I need to eliminate all possible distractions. Only need to improve upon the food situation then I'm set :happy:

Really happy with the other skaters attending as well l'm especially looking forward to seeing Kevin Aymoz, he was such a refreshing surprise last year :tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:

I feel like I'm the only one completely calm. Slighty curious, but mostly just happy the season fully starts soon and Yuzuru is still skating :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Только что, airi сказал:

I feel like I'm the only one completely calm. Slighty curious, but mostly just happy the season fully starts soon and Yuzuru is still skating :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

No, I'm with you actually. Just really happy and curious.

36 минут назад, Paskud сказал:

18 минут назад, Henni147 сказал:

THIS person dared to give 0 GOE for Yuzu's legendary YOLO 3A at 4CC 2017. No more explanation needed I think.

I see :yznotimpressed: Thank you!

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

So we will rely on fancams once more

22 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

But ....they don't say where from.  ...The Gods???  ....End of the rink????..Or through a haze of mist??? .... Seriously there was one competition last season were this actually happened!!

I'm living in hope.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

THIS person dared to give 0 GOE for Yuzu's legendary YOLO 3A at 4CC 2017. No more explanation needed I think.

I have a theory about that. I think certain judges simply blink too much and as Yuzu has no preparation before jumps whatsoever, they just don't realize he jumped something. With other skaters, they have a half-minute to go "don't blink! don't blink, he will jump!" No, really. There is just no other possible explanation. 

:gla:

2 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I have a theory about that. I think certain judges simply blink too much and as Yuzu has no preparation before jumps whatsoever, they just don't realize he jumped something. With other skaters, they have a half-minute to go "don't blink! don't blink, he will jump!" No, really. There is just no other possible explanation. 

:gla:

This is even more unforgivable. You don't blink when Yuzuru Hanyu jumps his triple axel!:tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg:

Blink? You can see some judges looking down for extended periods to mark scores, missing important parts of programs. But let’s not split the panel between TES and PCS. That would be too sensible. :disdain:

42 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Blink? You can see some judges looking down for extended periods to mark scores, missing important parts of programs. But let’s not split the panel between TES and PCS. That would be too sensible. :disdain:

:offtopic2:

In an ideal world computers and measurement tools would identify the elements, levels and give the calls. They would also determine all technical GOE bullets and give important information for skating skills and transitions (jump height/distance, trajectory curve, entry/exit speed, axis position in the air, spin acceleration/speed and centering, number of crossovers, 1/2-foot relation,...)

The judging panel would consist of experts for

- jumps (difficulty of the entry/exit, rhythm/musicality, ease,...)

- spins (strong/creative positions, musicality, special features,...)

- sequences, skating skills and transition work (correct execution of difficult steps/turns, multidirectional skating, deep edges, speed and acceleration, creativity, musicality/rhythm,...)

- interpretation and composition (the music cuts, the program layout/chronology/spatial distribution of the elements, the choreography and linking movements, the dramaturgy/narration/motive/message, the skaters' personal interpretation,...)

- and everyone can judge the performance (I think that's the most subjective aspect of all and doesn't need that much expertise, so it makes sense to have multiple judges for that one)

But that's just me.