sallycinnamon

[2019] CS ACI (12.09-14.09) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens

16 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

You guys the live stream says it’ll start streaming 5min before first men’s practice ends?!

nooo pretty please with a cherry on top we need that practice stream:smiley_hairpull:

7 minutes ago, mercedes said:

nooo pretty please with a cherry on top we need that practice stream:smiley_hairpull:

:13877886: After the complete muck up the put is through last year... now we don’t even have Ted there to help us.

Just now, Henni147 said:

No practice stream? :dislike:

But if Yuzu shows up, there will be fancams for sure, aye?

Depends how strict security is. :sadPooh: Videos are technically not allowed.

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Depends how strict security is. :sadPooh: Videos are technically not allowed.

Last year there have been so many fancam videos on YT... and Olympic Channel has uploaded his run-throughs, too... I hope for that service again.

Edit: For a bit of nostalgia - Origin costume reveal (fancam by aeterniti)

2 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Last year there have been so many fancam videos on YT... and Olympic Channel has uploaded his run-throughs, too... I hope for that service again.

I don’t think Olympic Channel will be there this year. :sadPooh:  Fancams are nice but not the same as a proper broadcast.

If everyone could head over and leave a message under this post asking if they could please confirm and stream men’s practices, we might get somewhere again. 

50 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Fancams are nice but not the same as a proper broadcast.

I have to say that I prefer many fancams to official broadcasts... Good fancams have one solid camera perspective and show the skaters in full body size (no close ups), so that you can follow easily and get the feeling that you're live in the arena, too. Some broadcasts (like diverse FaOI footages, EX gala at COR17 and Milano18 *cough*) totally escalate with quick camera changes, brainless zooming in and out and they cut away the feet of the skaters pretty often... :13877886:

I hope for an official practice broadcast at ACI, but I'm always grateful for fancams, too. Just for the sake of different perspectives and additional Yuzu footage (imagine that Yuzu jumps a textbook 4Lz, but the broadcast shows the run-through of someone else in that moment...).

Oh!! Totally forgot about it. Maybe we will get footage from On-Ice-Perspectives, too!! :cri:

Fancams at ACI are often obscured by the glass. :( I wish we had Ted to help us out again this year. Does anyone know if Japanese TV plans to broadcast practices?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the same thing happened before? The official daily link mentioned a starting time that didn't fit the events, but they still ended up showing the practices. Though last year they were late, IIRC.

Or maybe what I remembered is that the streaming schedule on the site doesn't mention practices...

27 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the same thing happened before? The official daily link mentioned a starting time that didn't fit the events, but they still ended up showing the practices. Though last year they were late, IIRC.

Or maybe what I remembered is that the streaming schedule on the site doesn't mention practices...

Last year they promised to stream practices and we all waited and nothing. We then asked them why there were no practices after being promised and then told us they just weren’t going to stream them. Then an hour later they changed their minds and streamed them unannounced but from a terrible angle. :facepalm: It was a disaster. So many people on this side of the world set their alarms for an ungodly hour only to be told they may as well go back to sleep, then ended up missing practices. 

I didn’t stay up for the practice streaming last year but I just took a brief look through last year thread. 

- Same observation as what @SparkleSalad observed, why time notification on DM not aligned with practise timing...

- lotsa questions on whether practise will be streamed... 

- Skate Canada tweeted they will not stream practise..

- lotsa bashing disappointments over Skate Canada’s late tweet... (poor other side of the globe sleeping during the tweet and had set alarm to wake them up)

- sudden surprise that channel is up showing practise an hour after that tweet...

- various complains about camera angle... 

- plenty of excitement that THE time is approaching... 

- pages of words like “YUZU!”, “JACKET OFF!” 

I am am so going to follow suggestions here to go sleep right after work tomorrow and then wake up for streaming before sleeping another 2 hour to go work next day. Just don’t tell me no streaming or Yuzu decided to skip the practise. A brain forced to wake up in middle of night can conjure murderous thoughts...

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

No practice stream? :dislike:

But if Yuzu shows up, there will be fancams for sure, aye?

I can't promise anything because I am a terrible camera person and have no idea how to stream, but I'll post whatever I can as soon as I can. It may not be much though! I'm only bringing my phone this time.

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I don’t think Olympic Channel will be there this year. :sadPooh:  Fancams are nice but not the same as a proper broadcast.

If everyone could head over and leave a message under this post asking if they could please confirm and stream men’s practices, we might get somewhere again. 

Left a comment. I hope it helps and they either confirm or deny whether they're going to stream it or not.... I hope so.