sallycinnamon

[2019] Russian Test Skates (07.09-08.09)

Missed most of Zhenya's and part of Alina's. From what I saw Alina's looks like the usual Daniil, unceasing STUFF that doesn't always match the music, positions held for 0.5 seconds.....

Wow 3Lz-3Lo in the second half of the program.

It looks like a more mature presentation than in her SP last season, I quite like the music choice. There are parts when she doesn't hold the positions long enough though. 

Anya has lovely lines and I feel she gradually connects more with music than before. 

However I still can't make sense of the music choice and the choreo? Apparently Daniil's trademark is random moves and no pose should be held up to 1 second=)))

Kostornaia deserves better choreo (and music cuts)

The difference. Alena is the only one among all of them who uses her knees like that, the sheer difference it makes.

These test skates have shown me this: Kostornaia is the absolute best skater of them all. No contest. She's just special.

Sasha is just so strong. All coiled tension waiting to explode, I love her 3Lz3Lo more than any of the quads.

Sasha doesn't use her knees softly either but because she's not a soft skater at all it doesn't seem so jarring. It distracts me awfully with Anya. Her choreo is always such delicate and dainty arm movements that the jerkiness of every one-foot turn is so jarring.