Team Korea

20 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Not sure if this has been posted...

but I see a figure skater turned KPOP star in the future.

Well, he already has the goods, I can see him having a future in korean entertainment industry too. He's already debuted as an actor too (and maybe ad a model too?), so I believe he won't have to worry about what to do after amateur skating:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:(though hopefully he has many many years of competitions and ice shows ahead:7938863:). I feel lucky that he's chosen figure skating for now, a field full of hardships in exchange for little 'material' reward (and he has also to deal with a not-the-most-supportive fed)

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Well, he already has the goods, I can see him having a future in korean entertainment industry too. He's already debuted as an actor too (and maybe ad a model too?), so I believe he won't have to worry about what to do after amateur skating:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:(though hopefully he has many many years of competitions and ice shows ahead:7938863:). I feel lucky that he's chosen figure skating for now, a field full of hardships in exchange for little 'material' reward (and he has also to deal with a not-the-most-supportive fed)

The K-Pop world seems like it's pretty demanding of its stars, so I'm happy for Jun-Hwan that he's in skating for now. By comparison, figure skating appears to be the healthier world.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The K-Pop world seems like it's pretty demanding of its stars, so I'm happy for Jun-Hwan that he's in skating for now. By comparison, figure skating appears to be the healthier world.

I  agree KPOP can be a hard life, but they start young and unknown , get their training paid for, so have to pay back to the company to some degree.  Not sayin it’s a good system at all-  many flaws. 

However, if Jun can make a name for himself in figure skating, he will have plenty of entertainment opportunities without similar hardships. Agree he has all the goods, eg looks and height ( big in Korea), and his bronze in GPF made lots of traction in major news stations.

AND He’s the FIRST male figure skater in Korea with future Olympic potential.  I am in Yuzu mode right now, but Jun’s got so much potential- fun to watch. 

13 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I  agree KPOP can be a hard life, but they start young and unknown , get their training paid for, so have to pay back to the company to some degree.  Not sayin it’s a good system at all-  many flaws. 

However, if Jun can make a name for himself in figure skating, he will have plenty of entertainment opportunities without similar hardships. Agree he has all the goods, eg looks and height ( big in Korea), and his bronze in GPF made lots of traction in major news stations.

AND He’s the FIRST male figure skater in Korea with future Olympic potential.  I am in Yuzu mode right now, but Jun’s got so much potential- fun to watch. 

Plus he's so level-headed. I love that quote he gave about not rushing to get better but going at his own pace instead. So far his own pace looks set to take him really far.

"Cha Jun-hwan is the greatest Korean to take to the ice since Kim Yuna"

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3056877

"Cha is now the nation’s sweetheart on ice" - I know it's a small Fed but I hope his popularity will force them to provide more/better support.

I'm impressed by how he is adjusting to his growth spurt.  I'd be surprised if he grew any taller.  Great potential and only age 20 at 2022 Olympics.

10 hours ago, SuperMin said:

"Cha Jun-hwan is the greatest Korean to take to the ice since Kim Yuna"

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3056877

"Cha is now the nation’s sweetheart on ice" - I know it's a small Fed but I hope his popularity will force them to provide more/better support.

I'm impressed by how he is adjusting to his growth spurt.  I'd be surprised if he grew any taller.  Great potential and only age 20 at 2022 Olympics.

Crazy to think that it'd be his second :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: