Team Korea

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

So much pressure :facepalm: and blaming the skaters for the ticket sales...hah

http://www.jejuweekly.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=5889

:13877886: Let's see....

1) It's really early in the Olys, and not even full on lunar new year's break yet, people are likely at work at 10 am? The numbers after Feb 14th might be more indicative, especially for ladies individual since that avoids the conflict with the official new year dates

2) Really early events, early enough that public transportation isn't running yet

3) Probably less public transportation options available than needed to ferry people around, to a venue that's possibly too far from its largest metropolitan area

4) Could it be that figure skating has reduced interest? Yuna may have popularized figure skating, but South Korea is still more known overall for speed skating

*Beijing, please take notice of this public transportation issue. We expect you organizers to not bring national shame from incompetency on logistics, especially the public transportation issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

hello team korea <3 i saw junhwan's name on the list of entries for JWC this year, and i'm a bit confused... has he officially moved to the senior circuit this season or not? :tumblr_m33wn9Iuo91qdlkyg: if yes, why is he competing in JWC instead of WC this year? thank you to anyone who can answer this for me T__T

31 minutes ago, biellmanns said:

hello team korea <3 i saw junhwan's name on the list of entries for JWC this year, and i'm a bit confused... has he officially moved to the senior circuit this season or not? :tumblr_m33wn9Iuo91qdlkyg: if yes, why is he competing in JWC instead of WC this year? thank you to anyone who can answer this for me T__T

Anyone can go to JWC who hasn't reached age 19 by 1st July last year.

Young Hyun Cha's and Sihyeong Lee's names are on the entry list, Junhwan is now listed as a substitute. I think he isn't going to senior Worlds because his injury hasn't healed yet completely, so at this point I don't think he goes to JWC either.

Just now, sallycinnamon said:

Anyone can go to JWC who hasn't reached age 19 by 1st July last year.

Young Hyun Cha's and Sihyeong Lee's names are on the entry list, Junhwan is now listed as a substitute. I think he isn't going to senior Worlds because his injury hasn't healed yet completely, so at this point I don't think he goes to JWC either.

ohh i didnt notice that he was listed as a substitute now :O ah yes he should take more time off for that injury!

thank you for answering my question btw <3 

5 minutes ago, biellmanns said:

hello again, i have another question sorry ;_;

so the official entries for the men's event for worlds 2018was released, and i'm just wondering if jinseo is going to push through with worlds? because i read somewhere that he said he would be retiring after korean nationals? 

I was also wondering about this, I thought he might have retired. He probably would have competed at Four Nationals if he wanted to continue until Words.

Let's wait for the final entry list because it is possible that June-hyoung will go to Worlds and not Jinseo.