Team Korea

8 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Men's health interview

Has Jun shared anything about his new programs yet? There is so little info...

I don't know when this was recorded.  It's so hard to tell.  And no mention of training or coaching.  I read in an older tweet that the (former) head of education in Korea had deemed Uni students not allowed to be overseas during the academic year.  That would preclude him from training in Canada.  But- former  head of education.  I don't know how they expect him to compete internationally without actual coaching.  And he is using the old age system - he turns 21 this year, not 22....

8 hours ago, barbara said:

I don't know when this was recorded.  It's so hard to tell.  And no mention of training or coaching.  I read in an older tweet that the (former) head of education in Korea had deemed Uni students not allowed to be overseas during the academic year.  That would preclude him from training in Canada.  But- former  head of education.  I don't know how they expect him to compete internationally without actual coaching.  And he is using the old age system - he turns 21 this year, not 22....

What do you mean "using the old age system"?   I find it really weird that there is just NO news from his camp at all.  The programs he did at the recent ice shows were old programs as well. :huh:

1 hour ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

What do you mean "using the old age system"?   I find it really weird that there is just NO news from his camp at all.  The programs he did at the recent ice shows were old programs as well. :huh:

The "old" age system has been how age is calculated in Korea.  It is being changed.  Jun was born on Oct 21 2001.  Using the system they have employed seemingly forever, he was one when he was born.  And then he gets another year when the new year happens, so he was two (in Korean years) on January 1, 2002.  A year is added on on New Years - So he is, with our way of calculating age, 20 and about to be 21 in October.  Korea puts him at 22 now.  It is confusing.

Worse - being born on Dec 30.  You are 1 for two days and then 2 years old when you are biologically 2 days old.

And we've gotten zero info - except I know he was in California and working with Shea-Lynn this spring.  I don't know if it was his long or short (or both) but it's something new.

Maybe now that ice shows are over, he'll be back to training all the time and we will hear more (and I am still hopeful he'll be back at TCC).

13 hours ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

@barbara Thanks for the explanation. I was not aware of the age system in Korea.

Man, I wish I knew where Jun had been working with Shae-Lynn. I could have "popped in"  to check it out. 

I'm pretty sure it was in Anaheim... but not positive.  

7 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

Weren't they just wonderful.  I've been following them for some time.  Love their previous routines Gangnam Style and Adams Family to name two.  So happy for them.

• 2 weeks later...