Team Korea

Guest turquoiseblue

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: [220113] Yelim Kim makes her Olympic dream come true: "I will skate clean" (English subtitles)

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: [220114] Yelim Kim and Sihyeong Lee get encouragement from Yuna Kim: "We'll also do well in Beijing" (English subtitles)

Guest turquoiseblue

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: [220117] Young You: Naver Sports Olympic profile (English subtitles)

:tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: Olympics.com article on Young: 

Youth Olympic champion You Young: On the triple Axel, Kim Yuna and dancing to BTS
18 January 2022

"I like dancing. When I'm really stressed, I watch BTS and sometimes I dance their dance moves. It's funny," she told Olympics.com in an exclusive interview. "It makes me so happy."

"Yuna Kim made me start figure skating when I was young because I really liked watching her in Vancouver," You, who was five during Vancouver, shared. "Everything was perfect. She was really like a god in that moment because she didn't make any mistakes in the short or free. I really want to do clean programs at the Olympics, too."

"Usually I'm the most nervous with the triple Axel because it's the first jump" in a program, she said, detailing how she was attacking the jump with more speed in Las Vegas. "Even if I land the triple Axel, if I make mistakes on my other triple [jumps], it's not worth it. The most important thing is to do everything well in a program."

Having spent time in Colorado training with coach Tammy Gambill, You also works with Hamada Mie, a well-known Japanese coach who has helped her hone her triple Axel.

"Mie is more of a technical coach for me. She really fixed my jumping when I was going wrong," she said. "Tammy is my coach for spins and steps when I'm not getting in my full rotations. They are both really helpful to me and I'm really thankful to them."

Guest turquoiseblue
53 minutes ago, barbara said:

Thanks for the link :thanks:

Junhwan on his training situation:

However, the pandemic affected him as well. He returned to Korea in early 2020 and trained there most of the time by himself. Due to the time difference it is even difficult to arrange online sessions with Orser, who is based in Toronto. "I had almost no lessons with Brian (on Zoom). Only athletes and coaches can come into the rink in Korea and I have nobody to take a video. Sometimes I can ask another trainer and I can send the video to Brian and we talk about it. When I am training by myself, I wish I had someone telling me what was right, but I just tried to believe in myself and keep training hard."

It must be very difficult for him to train by himself under such circumstances... :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw: I hope the pandemic situation improves enough to allow him to return to Toronto :grouphug: