Team Korea

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

2021.12.04 JunHwan Cha [Sing Balad, Learn Hip Hop Dance ... "All for Figure Skating"] - English Translation by @bbabbi1021 on Twitter

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I certainly hope he isn't even considering retirement, though he mentions life after it.  2026 Olympics are a very real goal.  He'll be only 24 - peaking.  He just needs to get back to regular training with his coaches.

After the ranking competition, the 4CC team has been announced. 

Nationals will be in January but it's likely that Young and Yelim will go to the Olympics from the Ladies and Jun and Sihyeong (?) from the men, so it'll be really tough for them to travel to Europe and then go back to Korea or fly directly to Beijing, unless some of them will WD from 4CC.

Guest turquoiseblue

A new article on Junhwan :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Figure Skater Cha Junhwan. "I looked into myself more while training alone"
(English Translation by @bbabbi1021 on Twitter)

"I think I've come to look into myself more often while training alone." 

With a bright face, he said, "I was able to manage myself more by making training schedules and managing my condition," adding, "In fact, I was not sure about myself at first, so I wondered if I was doing well." "However I gained confidence while playing this season, and I found something to supplement." 

When asked what to do when it doesn't go well while training alone, he calmly said "I can't help it. You have to trust yourself and practice harder." 

"I want to do my best and enjoy the Beijing Olympics," he said adding, "Not only the athletes but also many people are in a difficult situation due to COVID-19, but I will prepare to play at the Olympics without regret." "As it is a festival for people around the world, I want to resonate with more people's heart with my program", he said. 

6 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

A new article on Junhwan :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Figure Skater Cha Junhwan. "I looked into myself more while training alone"
(English Translation by @bbabbi1021 on Twitter)

I'm glad he feels he's learned so much while being isolated and missing actual coaching.  That's a good thing - but I still want him back at TCC as soon as he can be.  It probably won't be before the Olympics, though it could be.  I'm believing that 2026 will be his Olympics.

Guest turquoiseblue

A new article on Young You where she talks about how she felt seeing a video of Alexandra Trusova landing a quad in competition, her new mindset, her 3A, etc. :68271262: