Team Korea

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Since they started selling instant Korean ramyeon at my local T&T Supermarket, I understand Jun's distress so much better now. Half the time, what you initially think is soup turns out to be noodles that are meant to be cooked, drained, and eaten with a sauce. :party0021:

I think Conrad was doing this on purpose - and I don't know who the girl is but I want to slap her and tell her to be quiet.  And doesn't all ramen or ramyeon require hit water to hydrate and cook the noodles?  I don't know how anyone could get that one wrong (unless purposely not reading instructions...).  I'm guess that ramen is a staple of all college age kids in the states because it's so inexpensive.  But Conrad was, what, maybe 17 here?

19 hours ago, barbara said:

I think Conrad was doing this on purpose - and I don't know who the girl is but I want to slap her and tell her to be quiet.  And doesn't all ramen or ramyeon require hit water to hydrate and cook the noodles?  I don't know how anyone could get that one wrong (unless purposely not reading instructions...).  I'm guess that ramen is a staple of all college age kids in the states because it's so inexpensive.  But Conrad was, what, maybe 17 here?

I can't speak to Conrad's intentions or experience,  but for most Canadian kids, their experience with instant noodles starts with Mr. Noodles Cup Noodles, which you add the soup base and hot water to, then you eat the whole thing like a soup - you don't drain the water away. But ramyeon can be like that, or it can be the kind where you first pour hot water on the noodles, let them soften, then drain the water from the cup and add sauces or flavoring, thus eating the noodles as noodles and not as soup. If you've only had the first kind, you might not clue in when you're making the second type at first. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 2:04 AM, barbara said:

Any known update to Jun's plans? Canada is now open to international (vaccinated) travelers without them having to quarantine, so he could,  hypothetically, fly back this week.

Unfortunately not. But I hope Jun will train at the TCC again.

4 hours ago, Anni said:

Unfortunately not. But I hope Jun will train at the TCC again.

Oh, I hope so, too.  I understand that Korea is now 70% vaccinated, so Jun should be (though he falls in the "young" group - he's an international athlete so I believe he'd have had his shots.)  Thanks for the tweet!

• 2 weeks later...