Team Korea

• 2 weeks later...

I found this old pre-Games video about Winter Olympians, cut to Jun Hwan Cha and though it is in Korean (and not subtitled) I found it interesting. There are interviews with Ghislain Briand, Brian Orser (speaking chiefly of Yuzuru Hanyu) and David Wilson (and Yuna Kim?) and a lot about Baby Jun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Junhwan singing on a Korean TV show!! This boy could actually make a pretty good Kpop idol if he wasn’t a skater! Seeing as he is also good at dancing haha. I guess this means he is still in South Korea? 

He's amazing, isn't he? Besides being a top level skater, he's a child actor (i don't know if he still does it), dancer, model, and now singer. AND he's starting university. Kind of incredible. the only thing that would make it better is if he were going to Yale, too. :devil3:

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know if this has been posted but it seems Park Sung Hoon is retiring from skating and trying to debut as an idol? Not sure how it works but wishing him all the best in his new career path! 

(Don’t know if he actually mentioned retiring from skating but I presume you can’t be an idol and competitive figure skater at the same time?)

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Don’t know if this has been posted but it seems Park Sung Hoon is retiring from skating and trying to debut as an idol? Not sure how it works but wishing him all the best in his new career path! 

(Don’t know if he actually mentioned retiring from skating but I presume you can’t be an idol and competitive figure skater at the same time?)

At this rate, the next K-Pop boy band will be all skaters, called SK8TER and their first big hit will be "My Heart Jumps 3A for You"...something like that...