Team Korea

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I’m reading all the drama on twt about this and :popcorn:

What a mess. :slinkaway:  Even if their split was not amicable it's disappointing how they communicate it on their social media, especially that part about splitting/not splitting the gofoundme donation.

I'm sorry for them because they were a promising couple and they're still young. After post-Olympics season with lots of retirements/semi-retirements, they could've got the chance to progress and get more opportunities. 

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

What a mess. :slinkaway:  Even if their split was not amicable it's disappointing how they communicate it on their social media, especially that part about splitting/not splitting the gofoundme donation.

I'm sorry for them because they were a promising couple and they're still young. After post-Olympics season with lots of retirements/semi-retirements, they could've got the chance to progress and get more opportunities. 

It’s crazy. I really liked them too. 

29 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah, I don't get it.

There's more, if you click on the tweet. :doh:

I saw and by the time I was done, my eyebrows hit my hairline! Honestly, they both need to grown up. Multiple facepalms indeed. 

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Translation of an article about the Min/Gamelin breakup. Click through to the tweet to read the full translation.

I guess their hearts were just in different places. Maybe Gamelin only wanted to go to the Olympics, and now he did. It's quite unlikely they would have medaled in Beijing anyway. I hope Yura finds a partner that wants to train as hard as she does. I hope they go far!

I don't judge either of them, as long as the money is returned and/or used appropriately. Figure skating being SUCH an expensive sport, I imagine disagreements like this about money, especially when families are paying out of their retirement funds, would be enough to break any team.

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I guess their hearts were just in different places. Maybe Gamelin only wanted to go to the Olympics, and now he did. It's quite unlikely they would have medaled in Beijing anyway. I hope Yura finds a partner that wants to train as hard as she does. I hope they go far!

I don't judge either of them, as long as the money is returned and/or used appropriately. Figure skating being SUCH an expensive sport, I imagine disagreements like this about money, especially when families are paying out of their retirement funds, would be enough to break any team.

Gamelin looks talented. What a shame!