Team Korea

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Jun Hwan is still recovering from the injury so he's not in his best form...but what makes me worried is his 3A which has always been inconsistent but the mistakes on that jump and very costly. We'll see what happens in the free skate, I think it's going to be a battle with June who skates pretty well lately.

im really glad that june-hyoung seems to be regaining form, its been two seasons since he was in the car accident and the beginning of his back injury and just now it seems like things are looking up for him, right on time :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: 

i just wish they'd left jun-hwan to mature more in juniors and go senior at a later date :10636614:  he could be completely dominating the junior mens field right now :13877886:  

I worry everytime I see someone fall (this season is killing me, even hands down now scare me). I just hope Jun Hwan won't hurt himself, again.

5 hours ago, golden said:

i just wish they'd left jun-hwan to mature more in juniors and go senior at a later date :10636614:  he could be completely dominating the junior mens field right now :13877886:  

so true... jr men aren't exactly the most exciting thing these days...:slinkaway:

Ahh, soo iirc the winner of this competition, June Hyoung, will go to the Olympics. Maybe it's another blessing in disguise, since CJH is clearly still injured :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: Also June Hyoung was the one who "earned" the spot so good on him for persevering and finally earning the right to go.

Has this been posted? Translation of an interview about CJH's injury:

7 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I worry everytime I see someone fall (this season is killing me, even hands down now scare me). I just hope Jun Hwan won't hurt himself, again.

so true... jr men aren't exactly the most exciting thing these days...:slinkaway:

hard same, my heart jumps every time something looks a little bit off now :slinkaway:

: / the top seven finishers from junior worlds all turned senior and it does seem to be lacking a little in comparison, but i think the current field just need time to grow. jun-hwan's pcs has dropped a lot too this season, it really doesnt feel like this was his time, he's only just turned 16 : ( ive been feeling the same about vincent zhou too... sigh

honestly, im really happy for june-hyoung though, he's worked hard. plus i have a huge soft spot for his bohemian rhapsody free skate :7938863: im not sure if things are certain until after nationals, but things look completely in his favour. good that jun-hwan will have the time to rest and recover too. he has so much more time.

21 minutes ago, katonice said:

Do these results mean that Jun-hyeong will be going to Olys? Iirc their scores will be averaged across 3 ranking competitions. I think they've done at least 2 now? Or have they already done 3 and I just completely missed it?

iirc they're averaged over the first ranking competition in july, this ranking competition, and nationals? so it will be finalised after nationals, i think