Hydroblade

Planet Hanyu Banner Contest

Hello Satellites!

It's that time of the year again!

With Media Day(:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:) and the new season, our yearly Banner Contest returns:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:!!

ag3GdvO.png

The contest is open for all the members, you can submit your entry by posting the image on this thread or in the form of a PM in case you don't want the surprise to be ruined early :P

Just like last year, the current themes will be up for voting to decide which ones we're keeping and which ones go to make room for the new winners:48179197:, so stay tuned for the voting thread:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

The process will be as follows:

:7562096:Submitting of entries

:7562096:Week-long voting thread

:7562096:The top 5 or 10 (depending on the number of submissions) will advance to the following round, where the staff will decide the top 3

:7562096:Voting for the themes that are staying

:7562096:The top 3 will get a theme designed by us, and the one with the most votes will be the default theme for the site (the one all guests can see, as well as our SM themes)

These are our guidelines for the banner:

• Width: 1200px
  • Height: 200-350px
  • The title has to be "Planet Hanyu" or "PLANET HANYU".
  • A subtitle is optional. It may be variations of "International Yuzuru Hanyu Forum" or "Forum dedicated to the two time Olympic Champion Yuzuru Hanyu". You'll have some freedom here.
  • Also design a matching 200x200px default avatar for the theme. (Example1, Example2)
  • Because it's harder to design layouts using pastel or highly saturated colors, it's recommended to limit the use of these colors.
  • Please do not use fantaken photos without permission or artwork that isn't yours.
  • You're free to resubmit your banner if it didn't make it last year

:7562096:The deadline for submitting your entry is September 30. We're looking forward to see what amazing ideas you guys come up with, Have Fun:winky:!

Since nothing has been submitted yet (where are you guys??) I'll try to get it rolling  :20111123175648e45:

xJRIyMc.jpg

As you can tell, it's a more minimalist approach to a banner. Hope you guys still like it!

I am making the banner for Skate Canada and knowing that Yuzuru will win the first of the GP series, then NHK trophy, praying that I will get the ticket for NHK this November

On 9/18/2019 at 11:29 AM, robin said:

Since nothing has been submitted yet (where are you guys??) I'll try to get it rolling  :20111123175648e45:

xJRIyMc.jpg

As you can tell, it's a more minimalist approach to a banner. Hope you guys still like it!

can I have one with Ori 2.0 but with old otonal :peekapooh:

I want masquerade.......

24 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

can I have one with Ori 2.0 but with old otonal :peekapooh:

:surprised_pikachu:

make one 

15 minutes ago, robin said:

:surprised_pikachu:

make one 

where's that video of Yuzu going "I can't I can't"

I can't believe we have all new costumes and nobody's doing banners, come on, satellites! I know there are talented people here, I very selfishly want banner with the new Origin. Somebody do a pokemon evolution banner for Origin and Otonal. :D 

20 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I can't believe we have all new costumes and nobody's doing banners, come on, satellites! I know there are talented people here, I very selfishly want banner with the new Origin. Somebody do a pokemon evolution banner for Origin and Otonal. :D 

We're all too busy being salty about scoring disasters and ticket sales.:nod2:

and I don't have a proper graphics program on my computer so I'm useless here...

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We're all too busy being salty about scoring disasters and ticket sales.:nod2:

and I don't have a proper graphics program on my computer so I'm useless here...

I have no artistic talent, so I'm useless lol

How about a banner of king yuzu sitting on a throne of ice with a mountain of salt in the horizon, that'd be very us rn...

Just now, WinForPooh said:

I have no artistic talent, so I'm useless lol

How about a banner of king yuzu sitting on a throne of ice with a mountain of salt in the horizon, that'd be very us rn...

with us as Daenyris & the dragon burning down King's Landing, maybe? 

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

with us as Daenyris & the dragon burning down King's Landing, maybe? 

Sure, why not. I mean really, why not. Let's have dragons.

Let's have ice throne mountain of salt dragon banners. Where are the artists?!

44 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Sure, why not. I mean really, why not. Let's have dragons.

Let's have ice throne mountain of salt dragon banners. Where are the artists?!

:surprised_pikachu::ohmygod::LOL::LOL: