Poll - When/How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

When did you became a fan of Yuzuru?  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think most YOI fans who got into figure skating became hanyu fans hhh that's great

I discoreved hanyu when I caught a glimpse of the last minute of his POTO during the 2015 worlds on French tv and I was mesmerized, he already had such a presence, I hadn't watched any figure skating in a long time and the 2010 Oympics podium made me hate the sport hh, I think hanyu is the only skater who has the power and magnetism that plushenko had :bow:

Hello and welcome, novalisa! :space:

I follow figure skating since Nagano Olympics (love winter sports). For many years just watched Olympics, Worlds and Europeans mostly cheering for sportsmen from my country. I think I always enjoyed men's the most since epic Plushenko/Yagudin battle, also liked Lambiel, Takahashi and others. But never thought I would follow to another country just to watch FS competition or wake up in the middle of the night to stress about SC))

And then season 2011-2012 came and I think my TV just started to show GP series around that time (or maybe a year before I don't remember) that's how I saw young Romeo at 2011 CoC for the first time :love: I was impressed by his musicality, flexibility and beautiful spins and then I saw his cute face in kiss and cry :devil: Was lucky enough to visit FS at CoR that season and was completely swept away during Nice 2012. Already found some info about Yuzu by that time but not so many. After that I think I love him more and more every season cuz he is just that amazing :pbow: not only as figure skater but also as a person :space:

I also was at the GPF 2015, GPF 2016 and in Helsinki - that's the memories I'll never forget (especially Helsinki FS - never felt such an energy and emotions from the audience before at the sporting event).

You got to watch Romeo Yuzu, the epicness at GPF 2015 and the ultimate beauty of H&L at worlds LIVE? I really envy you!! :pbow:

Nice to see you here too :yay: I already love this forum :bow:

I'm happy that you love this place! :pbow:

Are you planning to have a Yuna avatar? :)

And may I suggest you [link=http://www.planethanyu.com/topic121.html]this thread[/link] as well?

Ohhh, I love it, nice idea to have other skaters thread as well :bow: I actually want to find some great Yuzu avatar...eventually Yuzu/Yuna one :devil:

Ohhh, I love it, nice idea to have other skaters thread as well :bow: I actually want to find some great Yuzu avatar...eventually Yuzu/Yuna one :devil:

Something like this? :) :pbow:

(There aren't really pictures of them together except this. :( I was hoping for a picture at 4CC.... :cry: well we still have a chance at PC :space: )

Something like this? :) :pbow:

(There aren't really pictures of them together except this. :( I was hoping for a picture at 4CC.... :cry: well we still have a chance at PC :space: )

This is perfection :goe: Too bad Yuna wasn't at 4CC's Men's Medal Ceremony :cry: PC is very likely, so let's have hope~

I think most YOI fans who got into figure skating became hanyu fans hhh that's great

I discoreved hanyu when I caught a glimpse of the last minute of his POTO during the 2015 worlds on French tv and I was mesmerized, he already had such a presence, I hadn't watched any figure skating in a long time and the 2010 Oympics podium made me hate the sport hh, I think hanyu is the only skater who has the power and magnetism that plushenko had :bow:

Welcome novalisa !

Be welcome to post in the french speaking section, if you want to share some yuzu love in french :)

First time I saw yuzu was sometime around christmas 2015 when I saw his record breaking seimei on youtube.. but at that time I wasn't really hooked even though I remember I thought he is very cool and as I was pretty busy back then, I kinda forget as time went by.. (bad move there lol)

then 2016 and yoi happened. tbh I am not that into yoi (lol don't hit me yoi fans :bow: ) but as I am a long time otaku and a dedicated anime watcher I watched it through, somehow it reminded me of an old fs anime that I watched on tv back in 2006 (ginban kaleidoscope) and of course, yuzu's performance of seimei that I watched before :grin: after that I rewatched yuzu's performance on youtube and literally stalked every performance yuzu did starting from PW at sochi, his junior days', and climbing up until LGC and H&L that he did at 2016 GPF :love: I did everything in 1 week time during holidays (I know I'm crazy lol) I even watched tutorials on differentiating spins, jumps, and steps during that time too because I was so invested!

soo I've been a fan since then, first competition that I streamed live was Canadian Nationals 2017 (although no yuzu there), and after that I streamed US Nationals, Europeans, 4cc, AWG, worlds, and WTT! haven't missed watching one fs competition live since then! :space:

It's embarrassing, but when I think back, I could've been his fan from Sochi, but I was too invested in Yuna at the time and kind of blocked out Men's singles.

But then I became interested again after watching Yuri on Ice, now before someone burns me at the stake, I can tell fiction from reality. And I actually went to look up the current men's ranking to watch figure skating videos in comparison to YOI's skating animation (because I was critiquing YOI as an animated work and wanted to see how well it was portraying real figure skating.)

And right from the beginning, I was smitten by Yuzu's charm on ice from his Parisienne Walkways performance in Sochi 2014, and became more smitten after seeing how he was as person on and off ice. Followed him and got more interested in figure skating after September-October 2016.

Like most of the newer fans I had a YoI stroke, but that was the middle, let's start from the beginning.

As a person whose internet existence started with the fandom where tennis killed dinosaurs canonverse (I'm serious), the talk about new skating anime made me go a bit meh ('not ridiculous enough, not enough bishies, not enough sparkles [Ginban Kaleidoscope from 2006 was still in my memory as 'good kids anime']), at least until I didn't hear songs (I'm hopeless for waltz-ish pop...) in the prev and see a post about how ridiculous the jumps were (I think Chibura's? I know I reblogged it from another sports anime fan...)in the first ep, and then binge watched first three eps (another inside joke of my original fandom was the {layback} Ina Bauer), and since I tend to go overboard, I went to a 'why Yuuri is Yuzuru' thread, decided it's too immature and needs facts included, went to Yuzu's wiki, discovered he skated to Swan Lake AND Chopin and I was sold (plus, I forgot to write my counterargument on the thread, but I guess it means I really AM too old to feel like and argue with fellow 12 years olds xD). Chopin 2nd was my first competitive program of his I watched, White Legend his first ex (Javi's Exes from this season were the first from other skaters xD), then Worlds R&J v1 (where I had a 'wait a moment it's after Tohoku, isn't it?' moment), then SEIMEI which had me sold completely.

Ironically, Sochi hadn't been watched before I ran out of the other programs to watch, with the exception of the competition-whose-name-you-shan't-speak and Chopin v1, which came after it, but I feel excused, as my country is crazy about snow sports (Thus Sochi connects mainly with 'broken foot' to me), but we're literal ice desert, with our only reps (ice dance and, since this year, men singles) still having to fight for places at PC at Nebelhorn, and even once they get it, they barely have a chance for top 20, so...

That's -a really shortened- story of how come I am here, in love with a skater older than me not even by two years and with experiences that I will never have most probably.

Bonus random info: Yuzuru won his first junior GP assignment in my country!

You got to watch Romeo Yuzu, the epicness at GPF 2015 and the ultimate beauty of H&L at worlds LIVE? I really envy you!! :pbow:

Ah-ha, I sometimes wonder how I become that lucky to visit competitions were Yuzu won and gave great performances))) Cuz with my previous sport love (it was F1 driver) no even close such luck ))