Poll - When/How did you become a fan of Yuzu?

When did you became a fan of Yuzuru?  

601 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

got to know yuzu through weibo when his record breaking seimei video was super popular as it was a similar style to a popular game

that was around november of 2016 so im still a new faaaan!!

watched loads of his videos and fell in love with him when i watched notte stellata from skate canada from the beginning of the season

loved his smile loved his person

wish all the best to my yuzu in next season!! olympics are coming!!

I became a fan of Yuzu uhmm I'm just approximating the year but I think it was around 10-11 season. It was my first year in high school back then. I've always thought figure skating as an interesting sport since I was a kid and I don't think I can ever express how much I feel happy whenever I see people skating. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pursue it as a sport because it's expensive.

Anyway, I found Yuzu through Youtube! I remember there were only a few vids of him because well, technology back then is not as progressive as now. There were more Plushenko, Yagudin, Yuna and Cohen though. But still, we did have internet so I was able to browse some forums and other 'shrines'. I was also there when the GS FF was made :rofl2: I didn't sign up because I was just a 13-14 year old kid who was too shy.

I was following him through the black 'spiderman' sequined costume to etude, to both versions of R and J.... It was hard to find good videos ;u; but I was able to survive!

And then Sochi happened. It was televised in our country (PH) because Michael Christian Martinez became the first Southeast Asian skater to qualify for the Olympics so it was hyped all over town. Although I felt bad because well, I was rooting for someone else :rofl2:

AH YES THE FEELING WHEN I SAW PARISIENNE WALKWAYS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! IT WAS AWESOME :embSwan:

Anyway, I think I cried when he broke the WR and eventually, win the gold medal :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unfortunately after 2014 Worlds, I went on a sudden hiatus from the Yuzu fandom. It was a personal thing so I won't bore you with the details haha so I wasn't able to witness the horror that is COC.

I came back to the fandom when I watched Yuri!!! On Ice. It rekindled my love for the sport and urged me to catch up on what happened to Yuzu since 2014. It wasn't that hard to go back and it felt like I never left at all.

And so here I am... :space:

(Was shocked that the GS FF still lived when I came back last January but well, we all know what happened after that. Still glad that this site exists though! Thank you! :pbow: )

Confession: I'm still unable to distinguish diff jumps because my eyes can't follow the rotation and the foot hahaha I'm almost blind tbh :smile:

I've followed figure skating off and on for years, but didn't become more "invested" until the Sochi olympic season. Started lurking on GS, then registered. Also a member of FSU - don't post there often but it's interesting to be part of a community that is different from GS. I enjoy reading Rockerskating & Sportymags. I've watched a few episodes of TSL but they were too gossipy for my taste

The only competition I've attended was Boston Worlds. A crazy emotional rollercoaster, but so worthwhile to see Yuzuru up close (as well as the other guys, but Yuzuru is special!). It was fun to meet other figure skating fans, including those from GS.

Confession: I'm still unable to distinguish diff jumps because my eyes can't follow the rotation and the foot hahaha I'm almost blind tbh :smile:

it's okay man, my vision's perfectly fine and i still have a really hard time with that ;;

it's just hard for me to focus, i never remember to look at the feet orz

I saw him for the first time during the Sochi Olympics, I was more into women's skating and a Yuna fan. I happened to catch the new team format of the Olympics, saw him skate to PW and loved his sass and adorableness. And his costume for R&J 2 :love: I know I am in the minority..... :embSwan:

I loved the idea of figure skating when I was a kid. There's this Disney movie called Ice Princess (have any of you watched it..? Or was I just a weird kid) and that had me trying to glide around my bedroom like I was skating, jumping in the air and trying to rotate :rofl2: But we didn't have a nearby rink so little me never got to live those dreams.

Fast forward to when YOI came out and my tumblr dash flooded with YOI things: someone posted a video of Lambiel and I was like 'hey didn't I used to really love figure skating?' So I went on youtube, found the Sochi PW video and that was that :smile:

I got to know him from reading his news from yahoo japan in feb 2014 only because his beautiful name :grin:

I was like "oh, this name is so manga like! so is that he or she?" and after I saw the picture" ...so is this he or she??" :rofl2:

so I found romeo Nice Romeo and now I'm his fan :devil:

I loved the idea of figure skating when I was a kid. There's this Disney movie called Ice Princess (have any of you watched it..? Or was I just a weird kid) and that had me trying to glide around my bedroom like I was skating, jumping in the air and trying to rotate :rofl2: But we didn't have a nearby rink so little me never got to live those dreams.

Fast forward to when YOI came out and my tumblr dash flooded with YOI things: someone posted a video of Lambiel and I was like 'hey didn't I used to really love figure skating?' So I went on youtube, found the Sochi PW video and that was that :smile:

o mg i used to love that movie as a kid :rofl2:

i had completely forgotten about it until recently, after i watched YOI

it's nothing fantastic, but not too terrible for a disney flick, imo. but there's definetly... inaccuracies x'D

i also share the sad reality of not having any rinks in my city, aside from temporary ones on occasion... the first and only time i skated was when i went on a trip to canada for an exchange programme ;;

oh God...well...it was actually in the 2014-2015 season. i was casually flipping through channels on my tv, and i watch figure skating casually. But then i saw yuzuru's chopin, and i wasnt too excited or anything about it. But when javi skated black betty my sister couldn't stop fangirling over him. But i thought i liked yuzuru's short more. So the next day on the day of the free skate, I wanted yuzuru to win. And when he skated to phantom, it was like magic. I was just instantly captured. it was too beautiful. :embSwan: Plus phantom is my favourite musical of all time. So even though he didn't win, i went online and search for more videos of him and searched him on wikipedia. And then I watched the gpf version of phantom and fell in love. Of course, i also read about what happened at coc and got so sad. Then i watched his romeo&juliet 1.0, the worlds 2014 ex version and i couldn't stop :crybaby: I kept replaying and replaying. So then i got super hyped about the next season and became a major fan.

(my whole family knows of my obsession, and they constantly make fun of it. whenever we talk about possibly going to japan for vacation someday to a relative or friend, they always say, "but of course, its ultimately because she loves this figure skater from japan, yuzuru or something, thats why she wants to go there." :cool:

I found about yuzu in 2015 just after worlds championship finished, I was randomly looking for figure skating japanese after watching a gymnastics competition in tv, the first video that appear was yuzu Olympics world record SP, at that moment I didn't know it was a world record but his reaction when he heard the scores was priceless and unusual to me, I was intrigued, I ended spending all of those days off watching​ and learning about yuzu and jumps and the scores, I just couldn't stop watching, I have never follow an athlete before (I was a kpop fan before) but I love it, is so exciting to see his progress all the time, like watching a suspense movie, he is just so special :love: :love:

I was devastated with sochi womens fs results and my fave skater at that time yuna i knew she was gonna r**** so i was about to hop out of fs fandom and thats when i saw yuzu and i fell in love with this :space: cutie

I came across video of him skating parisienne walkways i kinda had a mini heart attack im pretty sure lot of people became his fan after sochi

And he's the reason why im still in fs fandom

Honestly i dont even know what im gonna do when he r**** :cry:

He cant be replaced :goe:

I fell in love at the 1st sight at Sochi Olympic team event and officially became obsessed with him after watching Nice 2012 FP on YouTube that same day. This young Romeo just captured me. That's it. No other explanation needed. I'm his trash now :space:

It was Sochi for me. I originally became a casual skating fan during Vancouver, but I quit watching in disgust after Daisuke got robbed at Worlds 2012. Then Sochi came around and I got the fever again, lol. I was still a big fan of Daisuke & a few other men, but I was fascinated by Yuzuru, he was just like nobody I had seen before. And his reaction to winning was the best thing ever. :yes:

knifeshoes said:
I was devastated with sochi womens fs results and my fave skater at that time yuna i knew she was gonna r**** so i was about to hop out of fs fandom and thats when i saw yuzu and i fell in love with this :space: cutie

I came across video of him skating parisienne walkways i kinda had a mini heart attack im pretty sure lot of people became his fan after sochi

And he's the reason why im still in fs fandom

Honestly i dont even know what im gonna do when he r**** :cry:

He cant be replaced :goe:

I was gutted after the results of the women's fs, Yuzu's winning saved it for me.